Skip to main content

Working in the footsteps of those who have helped me. The small things are the big things.

So far, I have been working at St Vincent's Hospital since September last year. It has been a really good, back working and less wondering around the house, barely wondering around the house! I am really starting to enjoy it, as now I am learning more ropes and new techniques to my job. I am a SSA which is Support Services Assistant technical term for Hospital Orderly and Environmental Services. I do a various jobs like patient concierge, patient transport, clincial cleaning, theatre and ICU nurse assistance and much more.

Lately I have been given some shifts to work on the cancer ward, which has been a bewildering experience being one myself but serving those patients with my job and sharing my own story has been so worthwhile and doing this course. It is a priceless privileged to help the patients and families get through the start of their journeys. Whether it be nausea pain advice, where to go to seek further help, clinicial trial information or iust bringing them a cup of tea or coffee to have a shoulder to shoulder chat.

I look forward to doing more shifts there. Recently had an MRI with a miracle of a result showing no growth they believe that the possible risdual dead tumor has shrunken a little bit according to measurements they took on the scans. It is a real blessing and you kinda have to pinch yourself to know you are okay. More than okay! Infact good! Miracle of God's work and grace. Thankyou Lord!

So this year is another blessing. I plan to have more awesome MRI scans and be more humbled this year. Do more painting and sclupting models, read more books and just enjoy family and friends and spend more fun quality time with Jess of course! I know this is a short blog but nothing major to report. This is a good season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017- baby on the way and new career!

I seriously can't believe where has the time gone? Sometimes when you live in the moment you forget what the time is and things slip past you! My gosh it's been a long time writing a blog and can't believe it's coming to the end of 2017. So many incredible exciting things to share. My wife and I have announced we are having a baby boy! With the grace of God we are thrilled and can't wait to start this new chapter of our lives, just to think going back to the early days of chemotherapy and radiation oncology wouldn't think ever I would get this far, especially all the wonderful people for whom I have met along the way and many of them who have been on this journey with the same diagnosis who have passed away. I'm always thinking of them a raising a glass of scotch when I can to them. I miss them so much So can't believe its nearly the end of 2017, new beginnings on the approach. I can't wait to be a father, and be a good father to my little boy. M

A Christmas Joy, a New Year and a new life

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE! Tumor on Left Scan (August 2013)  Scan on the Right is Present (December 2013) I really hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas and a New Year celebration, as I have had a blessing. 75% reduction in my latest MRI scan. Thank-you God, Thank-you to the miracle of Man and the miracle of hope. Now since this year has passed another begins. When people will ask me what your year like in 2013 was, I will smile knowing that I have survived, but yet have a strong sadness over me as a reminder but mind over matter. It’s awesome that I have a reduction of 75%, however this is a miracle especially for this type of Cancer it is not normal nor is it expected, we are heading into an amazing time of miracle science breakthroughs with terminal cancers, am I’m the blessed one to be in the middle of the battle. A war with Cancer that has gone long enough, the longest war ever. Last few weeks, and recently I have been very busy with lots of joy. Enjoying my nie

No treatment, long break and a great way to end the year

I haven't had any treatment since July. Wow and I feel awesome. My eyes have returned to normal good and my general health and well-being is beyond exception. I am on a long prolonge break from having any infusions to give my body some time to heal and harvest the trail drug. This means I can spend some time being an awesome regular human, or whatever that means? But its brillant! My eyes can have a break from being bonbarded and hassled with. I am also focused on loosing weight and getting fit again. In the last month I have been actively trying to find work and seek part time casual work to slowly get back into work. A transition really and amazing news this week manage to get a part time job as a Gardener. This will help me mentally and financially.  What an amazing blessing. I am not receiving any ABT 414 drug, I still have to attend appointments, checkups, MRI scans and opthalmology appointments. This is a requirement from the Clinical Trial, however I dont mind. I get to h