Skip to main content

Lost in a wilderness of horrors

Last couple of nights have been really tough, not being able to sleep. Long being awake by a thousands thoughts running through my mind. Its now nearly October and I don't even know where I am in the fight. It's not like a broken arm, you know when you will be healed, this Cancer is so up in the air, not even at arms reach to take control. Recently, I was out of action with a 10 day flu, which is serious because it can lead to death and can quickly shut my body down because my immune system is defenceless at this time.

It is so hard to find strength and motivation when the whole world keeps going, your still doing treatment, and having to cancel so many catch ups with friends due to sudden illness from chemotherapy reactions. I am not one to sit at home all day, I love driving, coffees, movies and hanging out with friends and family. I am currently on a new Infusion Clinical Trial, which is a all day Infusion, the staff are lovely and the hospital is excellent.

I think I have been having a few weeks or months feeling really really good, but at the moment with everything going on and new treatment the emotions are raising up again. Which inconclusion puts a heavy mental stroll on your physical well being. Lately, I have been finding myself doing alot of community work. My local Park and community centre have been amazing, but yet the Park here in Wallan and the community centre could be taken away by the Shire Council so I have been in charge of the social media campaign. Which is so exciting, and something which is so me.

I often think will I ever start my dream? To do Filmmaking at Swinburne University? Is this dream realistic now, or is it just imagination to keep me going? I am starting to think that my journey would be a good basis for a feature film. I hope one day maybe Screen Australia could consider it for a potential film.


But on a awesome positive note, I get the chance to fly to Sydney with Mum and Dad soon and hopefully if I get a stable MRI result next month, the whole family, we can all go on a Holiday to the Gold Coast! A massive dream of mine ever since I was diagnosed.

I think the next couple of days is important I recover my strength, get well enough so I can fight another day. Be with the right people, set a good positive mindset, watch good films, go for beautiful drives and be in the presence of God. Because God can performs miracles, you just have to believe. Be with mates and family, and use the power of love to protect me.

The journey continues.

Comments

  1. Dreams are important for everyone - sometimes they become real sometimes they do not; but we still dream because at times they provide an escape. I find writing poetry helps. Of course you have your film-making talents which may do the same. If the strength and prayers of strangers have any power then you have I know a lot of power you are not even aware of. Keep dreaming, keep imagining and when you feel 'you' do not have the strength know others are out there sending there strength to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you strength all the way from Amsterdam Netherlands. Charlotte Coppola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Thomas. I have been reading your blog. Hope you are doing well. I am sending you prayers all the way from singapore. I had an uncle who was battling GBM. Do say strong and positive. May god make all your dreams come true. If possible, please update us about how you are doing as many of us are really anxiously waiting to know that you are ok

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts are with you - you have a wonderful attitude and outlook on life and this helps -- you are a brave guy and I will be keeping you in prayers and looking forward to reading about a positive outcome from the clinical trial.
    Jenny, USA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2017- baby on the way and new career!

I seriously can't believe where has the time gone? Sometimes when you live in the moment you forget what the time is and things slip past you! My gosh it's been a long time writing a blog and can't believe it's coming to the end of 2017. So many incredible exciting things to share. My wife and I have announced we are having a baby boy! With the grace of God we are thrilled and can't wait to start this new chapter of our lives, just to think going back to the early days of chemotherapy and radiation oncology wouldn't think ever I would get this far, especially all the wonderful people for whom I have met along the way and many of them who have been on this journey with the same diagnosis who have passed away. I'm always thinking of them a raising a glass of scotch when I can to them. I miss them so much So can't believe its nearly the end of 2017, new beginnings on the approach. I can't wait to be a father, and be a good father to my little boy. M

I GOT ENGAGED

Hi everyone. Its been too long since I have been blogging away and I am going to start posting more and more and catch up to speed with everything. I have been up and down on an emotional eventful roller coaster the last few months, and cant wait to express everything that has happened. The title says it all! Yes a few weeks ago I took my girl for a mini holiday to the beautiful serenity of the alpine regions of Bright Victoria, yet little did she know I was going to propose to her. Jessica said yes such powerful emotions and love was shown that holiday and having such a terrible year an engagement and planning a wedding is enough to emotionally defeat the evils of cancer. The miracle of love ay. We have been dating for a long time and saying I love you all the time it was finally great to put that into concrete so planning an engagement party and a wedding has put me into a good emotional head space. Yet even though planning it I am now up to my 3rd cycle of Chemothearpy treatment

Good news, a holiday and another step forward

Hello everyone! It's been super ages since I wrote a blog page. It's been such an eventful few weeks with everything. Alot of close family and friends would know, but I would like to announce a fantastic victory in my hands. Recently, I had my MRI. As always I was nervous and very anxious. As MRI's determine your fate and can indicate if the tumor is responding. I'll cut to the chase, as soon as I got the MRI scan and my Oncologist came into the room with a big smile on his face. My tumor had shrunk by at least 40%! My tumor is responding to treatment! Praise God! Thank-you Jesus. Ten significant long months of fighting this blasted disease and finally got some good results. This was amazing, I felt like a thousand bricks lifted up and I slept for days as I was battled weary. For more information on this story, my awesome friend Jackson Miller who is going to become an outstanding Journalist has written an article about it. Here is the link. http://newsroom.macl