Skip to main content

Living in the present moment

I'm sitting here having a cup of coffee as I have been up since 4am feeling terrible from my cycle 2 round of chemotherapy, and knowing I have 5 more cycles till October this year to go really mixes with my emotions and physical strength. Having an intense week of meeting with my oncology Doctor and a MRI and chemotherapy at nighttime gets all too much for my brain to process from time to time. I'm mentally exhausted. Only so much coffee and movies you can watch, therefor I draw strength from immediate family and friends and my partner Jessica.

My MRI this week was 'stable', with signs of residual tumor. It look more obvious than last time and the scary thing is that it can grow. At the moment its too hard to operate to remove that and its in a tricky part of the brain. Oh my gosh! The thought of going back to surgery means going back to square one. It's scary, terrifying and horrific to even think about, but gotta deal with it when the time comes and count the blessings and doors that are open for me right now. However it's still scary. I'm not going to lie or be in denial.

I'm dealing with alot of emotions this week, anger, grief, fearfulness etc. I'm angry that there is hardly much awareness of /Brain Cancer in Australia, it angers me. I can understand Charlie Teo's frustration over this. No ribbons to buy, or t shirts. Everything is overseas. Yes Australia is still a developing country but they have focus on other cancers. It saddens me and angers me. I hope to see this change for when another lost soul like me gets this evil thing he or she can be surrounded by Brain Cancer gifts and support products. Because if they have these support products it makes us Cancer Patients not alone and shows the world we are fighting this.

After Tuesdays MRI, I had to and still processing it all. I need to step back for a bit, and gain mental strength to re-engage again. Some people might think I am running from it and then come around later, well Im not running Im merely re-gaining my true self again. This may involve going to a movie by myself or going for a drive to clear the head or having some alone time. I don't see nothing wrong with that, and some might think Im crazy for going to the movies by myself but hey I love the movies and want to become a film Producer so its like a study thing for me.

One of my best mates Patrick has been awesome. I've always naturally had older friends but its awesome great to have someone who is in the same generation category as you. To educate them on your situation, to insight them and share life. I mean no one ever expects to get cancer and especially at 20 its a challenging yet fascinating time to deal with a life threatening illness. He has grown from the day I was admitted into surgery. He truly deserves to have what he wants in life, and deserves to have the girl of his dreams someday, as he has shown remarkable qualities as a 20 year old to stand by and support me.

Hopefully this weekend I can heal up nicely and spend next week with my beautiful, amazing parents next week for a small holiday in the Great Ocean Road area. And the following week I can spend a few days with my gorgeous girlfriend! She is the best thing that has ever happened to me! Seriously a undertaking a ill boyfriend is something she should always be recognized for. Not many girls at 18 would have that journey, or wouldn't want it. She is God's angel. Thank-you Jessica, I love you.


Thanks everyone for your support! and a BIG SHOUTOUT to all my family in England for your latest fundraiser! Especially the guys in Grantham! Bless you! Will get in touch with you soon


Comments

  1. Just came across your blog and I have been so inspired reading your story and seeing your positivity and great spirit. As someone who works in health care, it would be a pleasure to have a patient as gracious and pleasant as you. I will be praying for you and wish you continued strength along your journey.
    Sending love and support from New Jersey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2017- baby on the way and new career!

I seriously can't believe where has the time gone? Sometimes when you live in the moment you forget what the time is and things slip past you! My gosh it's been a long time writing a blog and can't believe it's coming to the end of 2017. So many incredible exciting things to share. My wife and I have announced we are having a baby boy! With the grace of God we are thrilled and can't wait to start this new chapter of our lives, just to think going back to the early days of chemotherapy and radiation oncology wouldn't think ever I would get this far, especially all the wonderful people for whom I have met along the way and many of them who have been on this journey with the same diagnosis who have passed away. I'm always thinking of them a raising a glass of scotch when I can to them. I miss them so much So can't believe its nearly the end of 2017, new beginnings on the approach. I can't wait to be a father, and be a good father to my little boy. M

I GOT ENGAGED

Hi everyone. Its been too long since I have been blogging away and I am going to start posting more and more and catch up to speed with everything. I have been up and down on an emotional eventful roller coaster the last few months, and cant wait to express everything that has happened. The title says it all! Yes a few weeks ago I took my girl for a mini holiday to the beautiful serenity of the alpine regions of Bright Victoria, yet little did she know I was going to propose to her. Jessica said yes such powerful emotions and love was shown that holiday and having such a terrible year an engagement and planning a wedding is enough to emotionally defeat the evils of cancer. The miracle of love ay. We have been dating for a long time and saying I love you all the time it was finally great to put that into concrete so planning an engagement party and a wedding has put me into a good emotional head space. Yet even though planning it I am now up to my 3rd cycle of Chemothearpy treatment

Good news, a holiday and another step forward

Hello everyone! It's been super ages since I wrote a blog page. It's been such an eventful few weeks with everything. Alot of close family and friends would know, but I would like to announce a fantastic victory in my hands. Recently, I had my MRI. As always I was nervous and very anxious. As MRI's determine your fate and can indicate if the tumor is responding. I'll cut to the chase, as soon as I got the MRI scan and my Oncologist came into the room with a big smile on his face. My tumor had shrunk by at least 40%! My tumor is responding to treatment! Praise God! Thank-you Jesus. Ten significant long months of fighting this blasted disease and finally got some good results. This was amazing, I felt like a thousand bricks lifted up and I slept for days as I was battled weary. For more information on this story, my awesome friend Jackson Miller who is going to become an outstanding Journalist has written an article about it. Here is the link. http://newsroom.macl