Skip to main content

I am alive, endless opportunities

I haven't had any form of treatment since July last year. All of my MRIs have shown fantastic results since then. Results have shown no growth or regrowth of any tumor and it has been the same since July 2015. I am beating the odds and feeling mentally and physically well for a long long time.

Everything is stable and good at the moment. I am starting to feel like myself again, even though I am still attached to this cancer, I must and want to start my adjustment back into the workforce.  Recently I took on a job for Turfgrass Lawn care company part time causal just to learn about a new industry, but also earn an honest wage and feel good. Primarly to get back to being a normal being.

This year has been pretty amazing, lots of family and friends weddings and engagements, lots of birthdays and had a wonderful time at Mulwala Yarrawonga Golf resort for my 23rd birthday. Played golf and took stock in the beautiful surroundings around us.

I am still on the Clinical Trial at the Olivia Newton john cancer centre and being reguarly checked and seen with blood tests and MRIs.

A few weeks back I was interviewed by the Olivia Newton John Cancer and Wellness centre to openly share my journey with the corporate and generous donors of the ONJCW centre. This autumn appeal is to help share awareness of Giloblastoma Multiforme Stage 4 Brain Cancer and help raise money for on-going research and fund Brain Cancer Clinical Trials. You will find my link on the home page. It's been a delightful experience and life saving experience working with Australias top professional cancer medical Surgeons, Doctors, Neurologists, Clinical Trial staff and the nurses at the Olivia Newton John Cancer and Wellness centre. Many thanks to everyone for the ongoing support.

I have also had the privilege to meet a few people this year who are also on the clinical trial and people on facebook who have been diagnosed with GBM Brain Cancer, we have formed social support for eachother as well as advice and remedial thearpies that we have experimented. A few people have asked me what non medical things I have done to help me get where I am today and I thought I would share them with you.

Here are the following:

My wonderful wife Jessica, and my family

A healthy positive attitude towards yourself, your medical staff and treatment

Establish a good functional support group

The wonderful fundraisers, trivia nights,  raffles and shopping trips and donors who have helped me financially

In terms of chemo/radiation nausea pain I became a herbal tea addict in gingertea, green tea, and licorice tea. I believed it flushed out all the crap.

Surround yourself with positive people

Go out and live and do normal amazing things!

Once again will try and keep you all updated as much as I can, thankyou all for everything you have done for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017- baby on the way and new career!

I seriously can't believe where has the time gone? Sometimes when you live in the moment you forget what the time is and things slip past you! My gosh it's been a long time writing a blog and can't believe it's coming to the end of 2017. So many incredible exciting things to share. My wife and I have announced we are having a baby boy! With the grace of God we are thrilled and can't wait to start this new chapter of our lives, just to think going back to the early days of chemotherapy and radiation oncology wouldn't think ever I would get this far, especially all the wonderful people for whom I have met along the way and many of them who have been on this journey with the same diagnosis who have passed away. I'm always thinking of them a raising a glass of scotch when I can to them. I miss them so much So can't believe its nearly the end of 2017, new beginnings on the approach. I can't wait to be a father, and be a good father to my little boy. M

A Christmas Joy, a New Year and a new life

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE! Tumor on Left Scan (August 2013)  Scan on the Right is Present (December 2013) I really hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas and a New Year celebration, as I have had a blessing. 75% reduction in my latest MRI scan. Thank-you God, Thank-you to the miracle of Man and the miracle of hope. Now since this year has passed another begins. When people will ask me what your year like in 2013 was, I will smile knowing that I have survived, but yet have a strong sadness over me as a reminder but mind over matter. It’s awesome that I have a reduction of 75%, however this is a miracle especially for this type of Cancer it is not normal nor is it expected, we are heading into an amazing time of miracle science breakthroughs with terminal cancers, am I’m the blessed one to be in the middle of the battle. A war with Cancer that has gone long enough, the longest war ever. Last few weeks, and recently I have been very busy with lots of joy. Enjoying my nie

Good news, a holiday and another step forward

Hello everyone! It's been super ages since I wrote a blog page. It's been such an eventful few weeks with everything. Alot of close family and friends would know, but I would like to announce a fantastic victory in my hands. Recently, I had my MRI. As always I was nervous and very anxious. As MRI's determine your fate and can indicate if the tumor is responding. I'll cut to the chase, as soon as I got the MRI scan and my Oncologist came into the room with a big smile on his face. My tumor had shrunk by at least 40%! My tumor is responding to treatment! Praise God! Thank-you Jesus. Ten significant long months of fighting this blasted disease and finally got some good results. This was amazing, I felt like a thousand bricks lifted up and I slept for days as I was battled weary. For more information on this story, my awesome friend Jackson Miller who is going to become an outstanding Journalist has written an article about it. Here is the link. http://newsroom.macl